Monday, December 13, 2010

For Grownups & Kids - Shel Silverstein

Where the Sidewalk Ends (25th Anniversary Edition Book & CD)I was a young mother, classroom volunteer & teachers' aide (among other things) when my husband found a book he thought I'd like.  After my daughter was in bed I started through the book. It made me smile, sigh, laugh & I was in love. I shared  Where the Sidewalk Ends (25th Anniversary Edition Book & CD) with the teachers and librarians I worked with. Poetry readings and sing-alongs were organized and laughed through. Kids, teachers, parents were all having fun.

A Light in the Attic (20th Anniversary Edition Book & CD)
Shel Silverstein's book "Light in the Attic" (A Light in the Attic (20th Anniversary Edition Book & CD) was the first children's book to hit the New York Times bestseller list.

Shel Silverstein's poems and songs showed us how to look at the world from new angle, made us laugh, and let us see that it was O.K. to have fun even when it was a little bit naughty.

Visit his website at http://www.shelsilverstein.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment