NEW YORK & SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN) — Open Road Integrated Media LLC and Amazon.com today announced that Open Road has published seven digital books by iconic physicist Albert Einstein exclusively in the Kindle Store. Open Road has added new photographs and biographical information from experts at the Hebrew University Einstein Archives, introductions written by Neil Berger and new covers to previously published print editions (a portion of which have been available digitally in the public domain) to create new Albert Einstein Archives Authorized Editions of the works. These books are available starting today for download exclusively in the Kindle Store (www.amazon.com/kindlestore).
“These books cover everything from the Theory of Relativity to Einstein’s own letters chronicling his thoughts on life. We’re excited to make these books available for Kindle device owners and app users, and think readers will enjoy them.”
“As part of our mission to bring iconic books to E, we are proud to digitally publish the authorized ebooks of a selection of Albert Einstein's most important writings,” said Jane Friedman, CEO and Cofounder of Open Road Integrated Media LLC. “In partnership with Philosophical Library and Hebrew University, we have curated fascinating material about Einstein’s life that will both attract new readers and appeal to diehard fans. We are excited to be kicking off the launch of these classic titles with Amazon today, for what would be Einstein’s 132nd birthday.”
“Albert Einstein is one of our most important thinkers,” said Russ Grandinetti, Vice President of Kindle Content. “These books cover everything from the Theory of Relativity to Einstein’s own letters chronicling his thoughts on life. We’re excited to make these books available for Kindle device owners and app users, and think readers will enjoy them.”
Albert Einstein (1879–1955) was born in Germany and became an American citizen in 1940. A world-famous theoretical physicist, he was awarded the 1921 Nobel Prize for Physics and is renowned for his Theory of Relativity. In addition to his scientific work, Einstein was an influential humanist who spoke widely about politics, ethics and social causes. After leaving Europe, Einstein taught at Princeton University. His theories were instrumental in shaping the Atomic Age.
This selection of Einstein books was designed for readers interested in Einstein’s seminal works in physics, his collaborations with colleagues, and his broader philosophy. The seven digital works that will be exclusive to the Kindle Store are:
- “Essays in Humanism”: An inspiring collection of the great thinker’s views on a rapidly changing world;
- “Essays in Science”: An homage to the men and women of science, and an exposition of Einstein’s place in scientific history;
- “Letters on Wave Mechanics: Correspondence with H. A. Lorentz, Max Planck, and Erwin Schrödinger”: A lively collection of Einstein’s groundbreaking scientific correspondence on modern physics with other contemporary giants in his field: Schrödinger, Planck and Lorentz;
- “Letters to Solovine: 1906-1955”: A provocative collection of letters to his longtime friend and translator that spans Einstein’s career and reveals the inner thoughts and daily life of a transformative genius;
- “Out of My Later Years: The Scientist, Philosopher, and Man Portrayed Through His Own Words”: An inspiring collection of essays in which Einstein addresses the topics that fascinated him as a scientist, philosopher and humanitarian;
- “The Theory of Relativity and Other Essays”: E=mc2: It may be Einstein’s most well-known contribution to modern science, but how many people understand the thought process or physics behind this famous equation?
- “The World As I See It”: A fascinating collection of Einstein’s observations about life, religion, nationalism, and a host of personal topics that engaged the genius’s intellect.
Open Road has digitally published these titles as part of its ongoing publishing partnership with Philosophical Library.
Like all Kindle books, Einstein’s books are "Buy Once, Read Everywhere"—Kindle customers can purchase them and read them on the $139 third-generation Kindle device with new high-contrast Pearl e-Ink, as well as on iPads, iPod touches, iPhones, Macs, PCs, BlackBerrys, Windows Phones and Android-based devices. Amazon's Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. With Kindle Worry-Free Archive, books you purchase from the Kindle Store are automatically backed up online in your Kindle library on Amazon, where they can be re-downloaded wirelessly for free, anytime.
About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media LLC (www.openroadmedia.com) is a digital content company that publishes and markets ebooks by creating connections between authors and their audiences. The company’s ebooks offer a 360-degree world of existing and originally produced premium content that is marketed through a new proprietary platform.
Open Road’s Author Brand Program focuses on extensive backlist catalogues, while its Publishing Partner Program is based on co-marketing of ebooks with originating publishers. Open Road publishes new titles that are “born digital” in the company's E-riginals program.