· The book is out there and available to read,
· What genre the book is, although that isn’t a decision maker. As an avid reader I have many different interests; I guess you could call me a multi-genre kind of gal. This is why you see so many different authors and genres on my blog, even though they are almost exclusively fiction.
· Is the book well written or a dud (but let’s face it, even this is an opinion),
· Whether the reviewer liked or hated the book,
· The one thing I want from a review is an honest view as to typos, spelling and grammar errors. I want to know about clarity and consistency. In a word editing; is it a quality product because these things are distracting enough to me to interfere with even the best story.
I’d like to hear, ‘What do you get from a book review’?