Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum, Bail Bond Agent

"When Lula and I operated at a full hundred percent we weren't all that great. Almost a hundred percent was getting into Three Stooges territory."

I’ve been a fan of Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum for years. Stephanie may not be the best bail bond agent ever but Janet Evanovich sure makes her and her cohorts the most enjoyable.

For instance there’s Grandma Bella forever ready to cast the ‘evil eye’ on Stephanie. Grandma Bella doesn’t think Stephanie is good for her grandson Joe and Stephanie doesn’t really believe Grandma Bella has the power to cast a spell to ruin the relationship but then again why chance it?

And Lula, her sometimes apprehension partner and retired ‘ho’, brings her own brand of laughs and zeal to their adventures.

Grandma Mazur has to attend every viewing at the funeral home and heaven help the dear departed who is laid out in a closed casket.

If you haven’t gotten in on any of these hilarious adventures what are you waiting for?

Morelli, Trenton's hottest cop, isn't talking about Hawaii. Ranger, the man of mystery, isn't talking about Hawaii. And all Stephanie is willing to say about her Hawaiian vacation is . . . It's complicated.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I have read all the book and really have enjoyed them. Kind of like mental candy. But I lost that joy with 17. I don't know it seemed like the edge was gone and it was the same thing over and over again.

    Also, incredibly pissed to see the trailer of the new movie with --- seriously--- Katherine Heigel? She's about as far away from Stephanie Plum as you can get.

    And the plot isn't even right. They made her get a job at Vincent Plums Bail bonds when that's her cousin. And Morelli isn't someone she's known all her life.....why does hollywood do that with books??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorena, thanks for stopping in!

    Mental candy...I love the analogy and while I have enjoyed the books I'm leery of the movie myself.

    Who do you think of when you think of Stephanie...Katherine Heigel wouldn't have been my first choice either but I can't think of who would have been. From what I've seen of the casting (Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur???)I'm not as anxious to see it as I was when I first read there was going to be a Stephanie Plum movie.

    $10 for a ticket makes me wonder if I should wait for Red Box.

    ReplyDelete